Announcing, our brand new California SUP guide…
Wondering where to paddle board in California? In the California Paddle Boarding Guide, we’ll take a look at 20 of the Golden State's best SUP spots. You’ll discover where to go in the state of CA for great paddling, other fun things to do in those areas, and exactly who to get in contact once you get there for an unforgettable time.
It's no secret that California is a wonderful spot for stand up paddle boarding — from stunning lakes surrounded by breathtaking mountain views to amazing SUP surfing spots, the state of California offers something for paddlers of all types and experience levels.
If you've been planning a SUP trip to California, our free, downloadable .pdf guide is a must have…
Did you know? In addition to the fact that California is a great place to paddle, the state also serves as a home base for several popular makers of inflatable SUPs, including NIXY Sports, ISLE Surf & SUP, and POP Paddleboards.
SUP locations covered in our California Paddle Boarding Guide…
- Coronado Island — A small island just offshore from San Diego that offers great paddling.
- Mission Bay — A beautiful bay full of little coves.
- La Jolla Cove Marine Sanctuary — Rated as one of the country’s best beaches.
- Santa Barbara Harbor — A calm, peaceful paddling environment.
- Morro Bay State Park — A beautiful area with plenty of marine life.
- Redondo Beach — A great spot for social paddlers.
- Lake Tahoe — One of the premier inland paddling spots in CA.
- Lopez Lake — Another excellent inland SUP spot to explore.
- Catalina Island — A wide variety of SUP experiences for all skill levels.
- Laguna — Known for its beautiful beaches and pristine coastline.
- Newport Beach — A small and scenic city along the Pacific coast.
- Marina Del Rey — A small seaside community within Los Angeles.
- Mammoth Lakes — A quaint town nestled within the Yosemite National Park area.
- Dana Point — A popular destination amongst both locals and visitors.
- Malibu — A city known for its celebrity homes and beautiful beaches.
- Santa Cruz — A great SUP spot located just south of San Francisco.
- San Francisco Bay — Offering fantastic views of the city, mountains, and hills.
- Point Reyes — A popular SUP spot in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Monterey Bay — A great spot for sighting seals, otters, and other wildlife.
- Klamath River — Located in California’s far north region.